History

1876

Enterprise founded in Badersleben as “Ernst Künne Locomotive Renovation Workshop"

1943

Moved to Mühlhausen in Thuringia

1944

Trust Company
124 workers
9 salaried employees
10 apprentices
11.08.1945 Property of the State of Thuringia
11 Locomotives
1 boiler
17 other products

1945

Confiscated accord. Order 234 of the Soviet Administration in Germany
143 employees
10 apprentices
22 Locomotives
3 boilers
35 other products

1946

Beginning of lock production for passenger carriages

1948

Foundation of state-owned peoples factory on July 1st

1949

Production turnover reaches 1 million Marks
21 Locomotives
16 boilers
28 other products

1950

Merged with VVB Lowa in Wildau
30 salaried employees
157 workers
64 apprentices

1956

Merged with Lock and Hardware Production Workshop II, Waidstraße

1964

Take over of production of components for VEB Berliner Bremsenwerk (Berlin Brake Co. later Knorr-Bremse)

1965

Start of production of ballast trolleys and skip trailers
40 Locomotives
303 Employees

1967

Production turnover surpasses 10 Million Marks

1974

Installation of regulator plant for powder coating

1975

Laying of the foundation stone for a new plant in Bonatstraße

1978

Test production run of new site, hand over of plant

1979

Handover of new surface coating plant

1990

Schloß- und Stahlbau Mühlhausen GmbH
August 30th Integrated into Deutschen Waggonbau AG

1991

Privatisation of the business on August 1st

1993

Change of company name to Schliess- und Sicherungssysteme GmbH

2002

VIS joined the industrial group on June 1st

2012

Inauguration of the new logistics hall

2012

Takeover of the company BS Kaufmann December 1st

2013

Access road via B247 opened on November 11th